[Pipet Users] Command Compilation in Piper: A Discourse

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Tue Feb 13 15:51:49 EST 2001

"J.W. Bizzaro" wrote:

> I'm not saying that Overflow/Piper should have types "flag" and "filename"
> as standard types, but that they can be created using existing types and
> then packaged (compiled) into a subnet.  The subnet can then be called
> "flag" or "filename".

Jean-Marc, keeping track of the many *POSSIBLE* node types is indeed
difficult, using the current system.  That is obvious by just looking at the
size of the pop-up menu! :-)  However, we should keep in mind that part of
the Piper project is to make nodes and networks easily accessible from
anywhere in the world.

I have some ideas that I'd like to try out, but for the most part, I don't
want to put all of the nodes (in the world?!) on a pop-up menu.  That would
not be the most efficient way to do it.

One use of the pop-up menu, I have been thinking, could be to show the nodes
that would be *COMPATIBLE* with the terminal (I/O) the user has selected.
It would narrow the field down quite a bit.

Cheers.
Jeff