[Pipet Users] Piper & Overflow problem

Karl-Max Wagner karlmax at oberland.net
Mon Jan 22 19:30:54 EST 2001

> > deMoivre:~#
> > Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

That is probably OK, because I didn't set any locale and no time
zone.

> > /dev/dsp: No such device

This is OK, too, as there is no sound card in this machine.
However, that is not the point: I have no need for the sound
routines anyway. Or is it the problem that due to this some
stuff wasn't compiled into Overflow and this is causing havoc
now ? Just guessing......

What I worry a lot more about is that an apparently important
function in all the modules is undefined.

I am running Slackware 7.0 here. Python is version 1.5. Gtk is
version 1.2.6. If you need more info, just tell me what.

Maybe I should tell you what I want to do with piper: I am
developing a system for softradio design, which takes a block
diagram of a system, makes a mthematical model of it, runs it
against a path simulation, and finally synthesizes DSP code from
a library of functions to be loaded into prefabricated softradio
testboxes. The whole stuff is to be released under GNU/GPL as
soon as I have a working prototype. After that the design can be
tested in real life. Not that unlike what FreeSpeech does. The
idea of piper suits my needs very well because a data flow
oriented GUI frontend is pretty much what is needed for my
application.

        "It was hell. They knew it.          Karl-Max Wagner
          But they called it                 karlmax at oberland.net
            W-I-N-D-O-Z-E"                   ham radio: DB8CO
            *********Member of No Code International*********
            ***********Visit http://www.nocode.org***********
            ********Membership Number NCI-2563-DB8CO*********
    _
  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  . . . t h e   c h o i c e   o f   a

"Et ceterum censeo ut Microsoftem delendum esse" (Cato, adapted)
"Quo usque tandem abutere nostra patientia ?" (Cicero, original)