[Pipet Users] Piper startup logging...

jarl van katwijk jarl at casema.net
Sat Jan 27 20:01:30 EST 2001

Hi Karl-Max,

I'm the guy responsible for the BL of Piper, and many of it's bugs. I'm
sorry I was silent until now, I switched isp and had a hard time getting
ADSL running. Now that it does I'll spam this list again as usual ;)

About your Piper log:

> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
> /dev/dsp: No such device
> Toolbox load error: /usr/local/lib/audio_blocks.tlb: undefined symbol: connectToNode__4NodeUiP4NodeUi
> Toolbox load error: /usr/local/lib/vq.tlb: undefined symbol: connectToNode__4NodeUiP4NodeUi
> Toolbox load error: /usr/local/lib/hmm.tlb: undefined symbol: connectToNode__4NodeUiP4NodeUi
> Toolbox load error: /usr/local/lib/nnet.tlb: undefined symbol: connectToNode__4NodeUiP4NodeUi
> Connecting with the bl...
> Environmental variable VSH_DL2BL_IOR not found.
> Using default ior file location.
> IOR file for Brokering Layer not found.
> Connection with BL not established.

This surtainly is a problem. The BL should be running and the connection
must be enstablised else you wont be able to commit networks from the
GUI to the processing layer. The BL stands for Brokering Layer, it's
handles communication, resources and security.

I'm wondering if you have the BL compiled at al, do you have a binairy
"BL" somewhere on your filesystem? If not, I whould be very interested
in you BL compilation log (in ./piper/bl, do a make over there and mail
me the errors if so.)

> Toolbox load error: /usr/local/lib/audio_blocks.tlb: undefined symbol: connectToNode__4NodeUiP4NodeUi

> Toolbox load error: /usr/local/lib/vq.tlb: undefined symbol: connectToNode__4NodeUiP4NodeUi
> Toolbox load error: /usr/local/lib/hmm.tlb: undefined symbol: connectToNode__4NodeUiP4NodeUi
> Toolbox load error: /usr/local/lib/nnet.tlb: undefined symbol: connectToNode__4NodeUiP4NodeUi
> error: net LoadFile already existed
> error: net SaveAs already existed
> error: net LP already existed
> error: net HP already existed
> error: net LPC_DECOMP already existed
> Getting document...
> Document:ShowNetwork
> Network:showLocus
>
> undefined symbol: connectToNode__4NodeUiP4NodeUi : I checked
> that using nm: They are undefined. However, vflow seems to work.
> What is all that about ?

These are normal, the Overflow libs is just called to initialise 2 times
I think. Nothing to worry, it's just not as nice as Piper 1.0 will be ;)

bye,
jarl