[Pipet Users] Overflow 0.5.0 released

Jean-Marc Valin valj01 at gel.usherb.ca
Tue Jul 3 23:32:30 EDT 2001

Hi Pipers!

I've just released Overflow (PL) 0.5.0. Get it at:

Improvements are:

- Binary I/O (serialization/unserialization) of objects
- Major improvements to object ASCII I/O, mostly with the Vector type
- Default FFT implementation when FFTW is not available
- Possibility of passing any object type as a parameter from the GUI
- gcc 2.96-RH support
- Performance improvements
- Fixes for Piper (http://bioinformatics.org/piper/) compatibility
- Several new nodes

The most important for Piper is the (binary) IO part. It allow to serialize (in
endian-independent format) Overflow objects so they can be sent through a
network. This will allow to exchange objects between machines.

This release should also address the compilation issues of last month.

Have fun!

	Jean-Marc