[Pipet Users] Re: pipet-users digest, Vol 1 #282 - 2 msgs

Andy Elvey andy.elvey at paradise.net.nz
Mon Jul 9 03:47:09 EDT 2001

----- Original Message ----- >
> Message: 1
> From: COFFMAN Steven <SCoffman at COVANSYS.com>
> Any cool software revolutions brewing you find interesting?
> -Steve

Yes !  Although its still in its early stages, check out Oscar/Primo (
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OSCAR-PROJECT )
 OSCAR = Open Source Code Aka Rebol.  As the name suggests, this is an
open-source imitation/"work-alike" of Rebol (http://www.rebol.com ) .
   Rebol is an **amazing** package that has to be seen to be believed.  The
most compact and powerful programming-language syntax I've seen , and that
includes Python - Rebol even out-does that :-)   Supports any data-type you
can think of, and pretty much **all internet protocols**  as well - all in
less than 1/2 MB download.
   ( Sorry if this seems a bit "ad-like" ..... :-)
  Sadly - Rebol itself is not open-source. Free , yes (Rebol/Core anyway) ,
but not open-source. Hence, the above project, which has a keen and able
core group of developers (I'm a keen follower, not one of the developers).
If you have some free time and are keen to help, I'm sure they'd love to
hear from anyone here .....
   If  Oscar/Primo can become something close to Rebol, that'll be great -
I'm awaiting with keen interest !

 Yes again ! See the above ...... :-)