[Pipet Users] the make problem is a bit better

Jarl van Katwijk jarl at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 10 23:22:02 EDT 2001

Bryant Lau wrote:

> I finally got it all compiled!  But now, after the make install, when I run
> it, I get this weird message:
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "runpiper.py", line 14, in ?
>     from piperconfig import *
> ImportError: No module named piperconfig
>
> When I add the directory of the "piperconfig.py" to the PYTHONPATH
> environment variable, then it gets past that stage, but I get another error
> message:
>
> rm: cannot remove `/root/piper_info/ior/*': No such file or directory
> Starting processing layer...
> Starting brokering layer...
> Starting definition layer...
> Starting pied...
> sh: PL: command not found
> Initialising IRC sensor, make sure the default config (gms sourcecode
> ./plugins/plugin_sensor_irc.h) is reachable
> using DEFAULTS for irc_config
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "./startdl.py", line 9, in ?
>     from modules.dlmain import DlMain
> ImportError: No module named modules.dlmain
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "startpied.py", line 16, in ?
>     import modules.piper.UIL2DL
> ImportError: No module named modules.piper.UIL2DL
>
> Am I doing anything wrong here?

The binairy 'PL' should be in your path, I'll have a look at this too
and try to fix it. I'm installing to /usr/local/bin, so it's working for
me, but as you probably have placed Piper somewhere else try expanding
your $PATH.

BTW I'm updating the Piper cvs code so it can compile to Overflow again.
Bad Jean Marc! ;-) nah, anyways, somebody should at least test a new
release of one of the components. As I have been having a break from
Piper for a few months I didn't had an eye on consistency for a while
and the state Bryant found Piper is pretty sad...

jarl