[Pipet Users] UI Piper layer WAS: Xirium | Tech | MUD-Shell

Jarl van Katwijk jarl at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 3 20:10:09 EST 2001

Hi Pipers,

Untill the 7th post in this thread I kinda acted passively, scared of
the huge amount of text I guess ;)

I'm a bit puzzled about this thread, I'm missing the knowledge about the
scope of Pied and that of the DL. I know the DL should offer 'an API for
UI support', but it aint clear where the border lies. I also know that
the 'official DL api' is non exsistent, but propably Jeff can explain me
what is the current scope of Pied and the DL. What is done where for the
frontend.

I'm asking this because it seems a NMI is close to be a complete UI at
its own.

If this is true, the name UI could be generalized into CL, being Control
Layer. Apart from being more clear it would make stuff like batch
scripting be more @ home. 'UI' with some more explaination would be fine
to me too though.

jarl