[Pipet Users] Re: Yet Another Jade question :(

John Peter Tapsell tapselj0 at cs.man.ac.uk
Fri Nov 16 20:40:55 EST 2001

On Friday 16 November 2001 13:03, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> Hi John,
> Hi Piper-Folks,
>
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, John Peter Tapsell wrote:
> > Oh, and totally offtopic, have a look at http://130.88.226.85/projects
> > and http://130.88.226.85/projects/paper.txt   for info about my project
> > to replace the GNU utils.. :)
> >
> > JohnFlux
>
> I saw that on discuss at linuxdoc.org, looks a lot alike the ideas we had
> when we begun with Narval[1] and a lot alike the ideas that were at the
> source of Piper[2] :-)
>
> 1: http://www.logilab.org/narval/
> 2: http://www.bioinformatics.org/piper/

They both seem pretty cool.  piper seems to be a project to have a pipe
equivalent for gui objects - although it seems to need every program to be
written with support for it.

I'm not sure narval is - even after skimming most of the documentation - the
front page says "NARVAL features cutting-edge artificial intelligence" and
that it would "become the ubiquitous dedicated intelligent personnal
assistant we've all been longing for during the dark ages of dumb computing"

hmm

Anyway, neither conflict or overlap with my project, but I'm looking forward
to going over these and seeing how they are implemented.

Thanks :)

JohnFlux