[Proteopedia] Script compiler error

Karl Oberholser oberhols at messiah.edu
Mon Jan 19 10:04:30 EST 2009

Eran & others,
The commands that I used are: Select :c, :n; isosurface minset 1000 pocket
cavity 1.2.  I am doing everything in Proteopedia.

Here is a message that Angel sent to me after he did some testing.

"I've run your script and the error says
script compiler ERROR: } expected

but I'm not sure about the the use of the colon, n:m syntax. In any case,
since it's a state
produced by Jmol, I think it's a bug. You should report it to
jmol-developers
Though I guess what Bob will tell you... upgrade!

If I load the pdb file and try the offending line in 11.6.13, there is no
error"
It appears that upgrading Jmol will help.

Karl

>>> Eran Hodis <eran.hodis at weizmann.ac.il> 1/16/2009 7:28 PM >>>
Hi Karl and Angel,

What is the command, Karl, that you issued in order to make and display the
surface in the SAT (Proteopedia's Scene Authoring Tools)?

The generated state script that you referenced has the following line:
  "calculate surfaceDistance WITHIN ({6073:9161 23278:26366 35260:35345
35430:35515}) ;"

which I cannot successfully execute on its own.  I get the same error as
you:
"script compiler ERROR: } expected"

Karl I assume the answer to Angel's question is that you used only the Jmol
applets on the Proteopedia website?  If so, we currently run 11.5.51,
although we should update it when we have a chance.

Best,
Eran