[Proteopedia] Structural alignment? and other oddities whenusing multiple models in Proteopedia

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 04:12:22 EST 2010

On 16 February 2010 20:48, Eran Hodis <eran.hodis at weizmann.ac.il> wrote:
> In the Authoring Tools, after a file is loaded, a command is automatically issued to Jmol to display only the first model. This is intended to make it easier to view the molecule (potentially a morph) when changing how it is displayed. It would be confusing to see all models in a morph when playing around with representations, coloring, etc.
>
> Buttons to allow the user to change which model is viewed, view all models, or apply changes to a specific model, are absent from the Scene Authoring Tools for simplicities sake. Most users don't need to interact with multiple models. Maybe this could be implemented in some sort of advanced interface.

That would be great. i.e. if the Scene Authoring Tools had a
'multi-model' tab where these commands could be hidden from basic
uses, but accessible to 'advanced' users.

@Wayne, thanks very much for the detailed reply. Did you put this
information on a HOWTO on PP? That would be really convenient for
future reference. Sorry I can't check just now (no java).

Thanks all for replies,
Dan.