[Proteopedia] Proteopedia license change

Eran Hodis eran.hodis at weizmann.ac.il
Tue Sep 14 20:30:03 EDT 2010

Dear All,

We are changing Proteopedia's license for user-added content (to follow Wikipedia's lead), and to do that we need the approval of all Proteopedia users since they are in fact the owners of the user-added content on Proteopedia.

Our plan is to send the following email to all users, and have created a special webpage, linked to in the email, where users may submit their approval or rejection of re-licensing their content in agreement with the proposed change.

We are sending this to you first, members of the mailing list, in case you have any suggestions for fixing our wording or otherwise, since the next step is a large one: mailing all ~900 Proteopedia users.

Looking forward to your comments... (Also, please do submit your legitimate agreement/rejection of this proposed change via the linked webpage). Thank you -Eran

<<<
Dear Proteopedia User,

We would like to change Proteopedia's license, and to do so we need your approval since you have contributed to Proteopedia.

In brief, Proteopedia would like to do what Wikipedia has done last year and switch to a more appropriate and open license for wikis.

We need you to agree or disagree by visiting the following link, where you can also read more about the license change:

http://proteopedia.org/lic.html (http://proteopedia.org/lic.html)

If after visiting and reading the above linked page you still have questions, please reply to this email with your questions.

Thank you,
 The Proteopedia Team