[Proteopedia] Difficulty making scenes

Oberholser, Karl oberhols at messiah.edu
Wed Apr 25 11:26:07 EDT 2012

Hi All,

Am I the only one having difficulty making scenes since the upgrade of Jmol?  One scene I made since then worked intermittently for a week or two and now is working consistently.   All others have failed to function.  I give some examples below.

I tried to make an opening scene for Collagen starting with proteopedia.org/scripts/Collagen/Fiber_segment/2.spt.  I have made three attempts and with all three the scripts only contain exit:, http://proteopedia.org/scripts/Collagen/Initial/1.spt, proteopedia.org/scripts/Collagen/Opening/1.spt, and proteopedia.org/scripts/Collagen/Opening/2.spt.

The opening scene of Calculate Structure is the one that worked intermittently but now works consistently.  proteopedia.org/scripts/Calculate_structure/Turn_110/2.spt is a a script that I wanted to update with commands now available in 12.3.  Scripts http://proteopedia.org/scripts/Calculate_structure/Turn_110/3.spt, http://proteopedia.org/scripts/Calculate_structure/Turn_110/4.spt, and http://proteopedia.org/scripts/Calculate_structure/Turn_110/5.spt are my attempts to do that.  With my level of understanding I do not see anything in these scripts that would be causing a problem.

I tried to upgrade the opening scene, http://proteopedia.org/scripts/Secondary_structure/1dtg_ss/1.spt, of Secondary structure with the new commands of 12.3, and these were my two attempts http://proteopedia.org/scripts/Secondary_structure/1dtg_ss/2.spt and http://proteopedia.org/scripts/Secondary_structure/1dtg_ss/3.spt.  Again with my level of understanding I do not see anything that would cause a problem.

I am completely dumbfounded!

Karl