[Proteopedia] Option: Always Reload Structure

Jaime Prilusky jaime.prilusky at weizmann.ac.il
Sun May 6 09:47:11 EDT 2012

As some of you may have noticed, sometimes the order on which we call Proteopedia scenes on a given page, matters.

Currently, a scene will NOT reload a structure if Jmol is currently displaying exactly the same structure. While the idea is good and reduces additional work and time, we have seen a reduced number of examples on which scenes get incorrect rendering depending on which scene gets loaded before. This is not a frequent problem, but disconcerts when it happens.

Until a better solution gets in place, I've added a checkbox to SAT's save scene tab to 'Always Reload Structure When Loading this Scene'.

If you leave this box unchecked, Proteopedia will save and load scenes as before.

By checking this box before saving a scene, Proteopedia will always load the structure together with the scene, which turns the scene into self contained.

It's possible that the loading of these 'self contained' scenes will take longer than the rest. I will appreciate details and reports.

Regards,
Jaim
__
 Dr Jaime Prilusky