[pygtkwin] Gnome port to Windows?

J.W. Bizzaro bizzaro@geoserve.net
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 01:54:47 +0000

>From Gnotices:

"Another interesting Gnome tidbit from the [AbiSource] list is that there
seems to be a government funded project in Indonesia that is looking
seriously at attempting a port of Gnome to Windows."

>From the list:

-------------------
I have also been contacted by GNOME people, offering yet still
another approach: use GTK only API, and port GNOME to Win32. As for
GNOME, the story is quite similar to your founding with wxWin. We
didn't consider GNOME because we thought it was too platform-
specific. But since one of the GNOME developers assured me it would
be 'quite easy' to port GNOME to Win32, this brings a different light
into the picture.

Jeff
--
                      |           J.W. Bizzaro           |