[R-repo-dev] server

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Sat Apr 24 20:11:00 EDT 2010

Hi Guys,

Yes, only 14G are available right now.  We should have more by the end of the summer.

Regarding a yum repo, you can see what I started to set up here for BioBrew:

   http://biobrew.bioinformatics.org/rpm/

We use the filesystem directory /reporoot, where we might also want to place R-repo (this allows us to use a different backup method for the very large repos).

Further below are my notes from a few years ago, on setting up yum for BioBrew.  I use bash commands as follows:

PATH_ROOT="/reporoot/biobrew"
URI_ROOT="http://biobrew.bioinformatics.org"

PATH_EXT="rpm/rocks/7.3/i386"
REPO="$PATH_ROOT/$PATH_EXT"
TITLE="Rocks (RedHat) 7.3 i386"

echo -e "\n$0: $REPO"
createrepo $REPO
rm -vrf $REPO/.olddata
chmod -R g+w $REPO/repodata/
repoview -f -k $PATH_ROOT/templates/ -u $URI_ROOT/$PATH_EXT -t "$TITLE" $REPO
$REPO

The following commands can be run automatically from:

   /reporoot/biobrew/bin/make_repos

DIRS/FILES

   /httpdroot/biobrew/                     : Location of website
   /reporoot/biobrew/                      : Location of repo
   /usr/bin/createrepo                     : For yum (sep. install) repo creation
   /usr/bin/repoview                       : For yum (sep. install) repo HTML files

SETTING UP A YUM REPO

NEEDED: 'createrepo' program:

   http://linux.duke.edu/projects/metadata/

E.g., create XML files for yum repo:

   $ createrepo /reporoot/biobrew/rpm/redhat/fedora/4/i386

Config file containing version variables:

   /reporoot/biobrew/rpm/redhat/fedora/biobrew.yum.repo

Users place the following at end of /etc/yum.conf:

   include=http://biobrew.bioinformatics.org/rpm/redhat/fedora/biobrew.yum.repo

WEBPAGES WITH REPOVIEW

NEEDED: 'kid', 'elementtree' and 'repoview' programs:

   http://kid.lesscode.org/
   RPM 'python-elementtree'
   http://linux.duke.edu/projects/mini/repoview/

E.g., create static webpages for a yum repo:

   $ repoview -f -k /reporoot/biobrew/templates/ -u http://biobrew.bioinformatics.org/rpm/redhat/fedora/4/i386 -t 'for Fedora 4 i386' /reporoot/biobrew/rpm/redhat/fedora/4/i386

Cheers,
Jeff
--
J.W. Bizzaro
Bioinformatics Organization, Inc. (Bioinformatics.Org)
E-mail: jeff at bioinformatics.org
Phone:  +1 978 621 8258