[ssml] Re: Sequence defined domains?

Dan Bolser dmb at mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 28 05:54:36 EST 2003

Thanks very much for this reply. It sounds very interesting. I think I have to do some
more reading!

One last question though...

Can I ask if you use a partiular sequence similarity matrix to generate multiple
allignments from a single seed, and then develop a profile from that initial multiple
allignment, or if you bootstrap your profile from near identical matches to the seed?

How does the quality of the inital multiple allignment affect the  later developement
of the HMM on a given database?

Is the resulting HMM robust to inital matches (or choice of similarity matrix)?

Above I am talking about itterative profile building, rather than profile searhcing.

Sorry if this question makes no sense,

Cheers,

<quote who="Kevin Karplus">