[ssml] [Fwd: [Biodevelopers] fully rpm-ified NCBI toolkit available]

Dan Bolser dmb at mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 21 04:38:04 EST 2004

Sorry for the crossposts...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Biodevelopers] fully rpm-ified NCBI toolkit available
From: Joe Landman <landman at scalableinformatics.com>
Date: Wed, January 21, 2004 6:39 am
To: biocluster <bioclusters at bioinformatics.org>,
         biodevelopers <biodevelopers at bioinformatics.org>
Cc: rocks <npaci-rocks-discussion at sdsc.edu>, Beowulf <beowulf at beowulf.org>

Hi folks:

  I wanted to fix up my original packaging of the ncbi toolkit to make
full use of the RPM mechanism for easier compilation and installation on clusters
and other systems.  I built a spec file for it and created a source RPM which you
can pull down from

  http://downloads.scalableinformatics.com/

specifically

http://downloads.scalableinformatics.com/downloads/NCBI-2.2.7-1.src.rpm

  There is nothing OS or target specific in this RPM.  I will add in the
Opteron patches and some other tweaks in short order, and get an updated source
RPM.

  To build this RPM into a set of binary RPMs, do the following as root
user:

	rpmbuild --rebuild NCBI-2.2.7-1.src.rpm

If you want to build for a specific target processor, use the --target option, as
in

	rpmbuild --rebuild --target i686 NCBI-2.2.7-1.src.rpm

Please let me know if you find any problems.  It has rebuilt fine on a number of
machines thus far.  I would like to see what happens on
non-native RPM architectures (OS-X, and other Unices).

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Scalable Informatics LLC
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com