[ssml] Parsing taxonomy from blast output

Goel, Manisha MAG at Stowers-Institute.org
Fri Apr 1 11:36:35 EST 2005

Hi All,

I need to parse the blast ouput to get the taxonomy information.
If I could get the taxonomy nodes associted with each gi number .. This
would also work.
I have been trying SEALS taxonomy commands but somehow quite a few
sequences turn up "not_retrieved", although we have tried updating the
database etc.
I do not want to use the BLAST web server because I have too many files
to run.
Please suggest any program/script that might be useful.

Thanks,
-Manisha