[ssml] Multiple Alignment to PSSM

Dan Bolser dmb at mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 29 08:53:14 EDT 2005

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Ratna Rajesh Thangudu wrote:

>Dear All,
>I have a set of multiple alignments which I want to convert into PSSM
>profiles (searchable byr RPSblast). Could anyone please tell how to
>achieve this?

I remember some tools to convert between HMMER / SAM / PSSM, and I know
HMMER will make a model from a multiple alignment, so you could then
convert your HMMER model to a PSSM. Right now I can't find the page of
these tools. Will psiblast (or related tools in the ncbi toolkit) not do
it for you?

I am sure you can find something on google somewhere if you keep looking