[ssml] Hmmalign

Mensur Dlakic mdlakic at montana.edu
Fri May 20 11:19:50 EDT 2005

If your intention is to do this using hmmalign (as the subject of your
message implies), take your query sequence and a member of the seed
alignment used to make the HMM and put them into fasta_file. Then do:

hmmalign -o output_file HMM fasta_file

Of course, you can take as many sequences from the seed alignment as you
want. This doesn't mean that the alignment will be optimal - it will only
be optimal according to the HMM used.

Hope this helps,

Mensur

At 02:21 PM 5/19/2005, you wrote:
>Dear All,
>
>Is there a way I can get individual alignments for a query sequence with the
>members of the HMM profile?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Best
>
>Rajesh

| Mensur Dlakic, PhD                | Tel: (406) 994-6576                |
| Department of Microbiology        | Fax: (406) 994-4926                |
| Montana State University          |                                    |
| 109 Lewis Hall, P.O. Box 173520   | http://myprofile.cos.com/mensur    |
| Bozeman, MT 59717-3520            | E-mail: mdlakic at montana.edu        |