[ssml] blastclust usage

Joanna Sharman J.L.Sharman at sms.ed.ac.uk
Tue Feb 21 10:47:36 EST 2006

Hi,

I've run blastclust on a set of my own sequences and I would like to
know how to
interpret the results in the hits file.  Is this file not supposed to
be readable as a plain text file, or have I done something wrong?  If
not, is there a way to read the contents of the file (any programs that
can interpret the file into human readable format)?

I am currently running this under Linux, although I would also like to
know how to run blastclust under Windows.  Everytime I try to run it
under Windows I get an error message saying that blastclust has
encountered a problem and needs to close.  Has anyone used blastclust
under Windows before and know what could be causing it to crash?  I've
tried creating both a .ncbirc file in the blast bin directory and a
ncbi.ini file under WINDOWS.

I appreciate your help with either of these problems.

Regards,
Joanna