back to STRAP: multiple sequence alignment
many thanks to Prof. Frömmel who
encouraged me to develop this tool, to the reviewers of the
journal Bioinformatics for their advice and valuable criticism.
Marcel van den Bosch created the Wiki site
Kristian Rother helped with Windows.
Andrean Goede contributed his superposition program.
Andreas Hoppe, Robert Preissner, Armin Weiser gave many valuable hints.
Nick Robinson made the concept for the publication HotSwap for bioinformatics
Hergo Holzhütters group for testing and improving Metannogen.
The Jena Library team: Jürgen Sühnel and Rolf Hühne for their expertize on biological units.
BTIhelped improving GUI.
Software tools used for developing STRAP
STRAP was developed with the following free software tools:
- JDK by Sun and IBM
- Java tools and libs: FindBugs, PMD, edtFTPj, pdfbox JOrtho, Neobio, OpenAstexViewer, Pymol
- Retroweaver, by Toby Reyelts which allows to run STRAP on older Java versions
- HTML-syntax checkers: Tidy and Watson
- Icon collections: icon 8
- This product includes software developed by the Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).
Thanks to all who tested STRAP on different computer platforms: Andreas Gille, Koen van der Drift, ...
- Jena Library: Jürgen Sühnel and Rolf Hühne
- EBI: Rodrigo Lopez and Roman Laskowski
KISS for STRAP or
Structural interpretation of mutations and SNPs using STRAP-NT