Applications for Strap
Apps are the prefered choice to extend the functionality of Strap.
They can be created with any computer language as a locally installed program or as a web application.
Invokation of an app has the following steps:
- The user clicks the App (File-menu, Apps)
- The App is started with the current information on all proteins.
- The App performs the computation
- Optionally, the App sends back information to Strap:
- HTML document with results like tables, diagrams etc. which will be shown by Strap.
- Script commands which will be interpreted by Strap
Plugins for Strap
Plugins are Java classes which extend the functionality of Strap.
The disadvantage of Plugins is, that they may not work in future
releases of Strap without adapting to changes of the API.
Contribute to Strap
If you want to contribute to Strap please contact the author