From Bioinformatics.Org Wiki
This wiki is used for relatively static content at the Bioinformatics Organization and other topics related to bioinformatics. You will need an account with a verified email address on this site in order to edit anything.
We invite members of the Organization, as well as non-members, to add articles on any of the following:
- Documentation on using the Bioinformatics.Org systems
- Information and documentation on bioinformatics projects, either hosted here or not
- (Auto)biographical information on bioinformatics practitioners, especially members
- Information on bioinformatics books
- Information on bioinformatics education and careers
- Information on bioinformatics research topics
- Just about anything else related to bioinformatics
This wiki began with the content of Damian Counsell's Bioinformatics FAQ, which has been hosted here at Bioinformatics.Org for many years. Additional content was then added from the bioinformatics book list and other static pages at Bioinformatics.Org.
- Wikipedia has volumes of information on everything related to biology, including a great article on bioinformatics.
- The Open Bioinformatics Foundation, host of BioPerl, BioPython, etc., also uses a wiki to maintain its static content.
- Wikiomics is another wiki for bioinformatics, including a number of howto's and Web links.