Distance or correspondence courses
From Bioinformatics.Org Wiki
Revision as of 03:23, 23 March 2011 by Admin
- Our own Bioinformatics Organization offers professional development courses for continuing scientific education. These are short, postgraduate-level courses on computational topics of interest to prospective and practicing researchers in the life sciences.
- S* - a set of lectures on introductory topics from seven different universities, spanning five continents
- Bioinformatics.ca - the home of the Canadian Bioinformatics Workshops (CBW) series
University courses & degree programs
- Johns Hopkins University - MS in Bioinformatics
- University of Illinois Chicago - Masters of Engineering and certificate program
- University of Manchester, UK - professional development in computational and mathematical biology. Participants may take individual courses, or work towards a master's qualification. Manchester also has EMBER, an online practical designed to introduce a range of bioinformatics services, databases and software available on the Web.