From Bioinformatics.Org Wiki
We are still in the planning of bringing together all the ideas and all the infrastructure.
What do we want to do?
- Build a RPM repository for R packages
- Support 4 systems:
- CentOS 5 i386 and x86_64
- Latest version of Fedora i686 and x86_64
- Build RPM from:
What do we have?
- [R2spec] the tool used to generate the RPMs
- 3 machines:
- x86_64 GNU/Linux with CentOS release 5.2 (Final) Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5 (Tikanga)
- i686 i386 GNU/Linux with CentOS release 5.4 (Final)
- x86_64 GNU/Linux with Fedora release 12 (Constantine)
- A script to determine the order to build the packages:
- A script to build the packages from a list:
To be determined
- Update frequency, every day or once a week ?
- Which version do we support ?
-> I propose the latest one for both Fedora and CentOS. -> According if new hardware gets available, maybe Fedora n-1 and/or CentOS n-1
- DONE: Get some content on the wiki to start the ball rolling.
- Put links on all the appropriate projectsat mentioned on the main page.
- Provide more details for the list of BioRPM / BioLinux projects.
- Add more information about R2Spec and other resources such as mailing lists
- Write up some of the concrete project proposals
- Do more!