From Bioinformatics.Org Wiki
UGENE is a free cross-platform bioinformatics software package.
UGENE has modular structure and almost all its functionality comes within plugins. Internally UGENE is designed with support of parallelism to make profit from using multicore computers.
- View and analysis of annotated DNA or protein sequences
- Huge files support, native support of gzipped documents
- Chromatograms visualization
- Number of DNA plots supported
- Exact local sequence alignment with Smith-Waterman algorithm
- Search for ORFs
- Integrated support of search requests to NCBI databases
- Multiple sequence alignment with port of MUSCLE
- Easy-to-use search with HMM profiles using adopted HMMER package