From Bioinformatics.Org Wiki
UGENE is a free cross-platform bioinformatics software package.
UGENE has modular structure and almost all its functionality comes within plugins. Internally UGENE is designed with support of parallelism to make profit from using multicore computers.
- View and analysis of annotated DNA or protein sequences
- Huge files support, native support of gzipped documents
- Chromatograms visualization
- Search for ORFs
- Integrated support of search requests to NCBI databases
- Multiple sequence alignment with port of MUSCLE
- Easy-to-use search with HMM profiles using adopted HMMER package
- Integrated 3D viewer for files in PDB format
- Designer for custom computational workflows
- Search for Transcription Factor Binding Sites (TFBS) in DNA sequences