[BiO BB] how to fetch sequences from web

hz5 at njit.edu hz5 at njit.edu
Sun Feb 3 12:40:32 EST 2002

I have put up a webtool that takes GenBank AccID's and the region of interest
for the genes and retrieve all the sequence for you.
For example, I want upstream 1000bp for the following genes:
U69127 X64044 H45798

the tool will give back fasta format sequences with gi number of correponding
contig as the description line.

The sequence is retrived from NCBI from the draft contig sequence, not Genbank
sequences. But in the result table, you have the link to Genbank sequences.

The website is : http://130.219.130.104:8080/EZRetrieve/multirun.html

Hope this will help.

This is a new tool, I am sure there are many bugs in it, if anyone can help to
evaluate and point out errors, I appreciate a lot.

Thanks!
Haibo Zhang