[BiO BB] primer design program under windows

Li, LC longli at itsa.ucsf.edu
Sun Feb 10 03:44:03 EST 2002

Hi Chunlei,

Primer3 can only run under Unix or Linux, you can not compile it in windows
since it use unistd library. There is a solution to this problem. You can
install Cygwin ( a unix envirnorment downloaded from redhat) in your
windows, and compile using gcc which comes with Cygwin and do your command
line primer design in Cygwin as well. Cygwin is very similar to your DOS
console window, but actually it's Unix.

If you have any question, just let me know.

Longcheng Li