[BiO BB] distance of molecules

Joe Landman landman at scientificappliance.com
Wed Mar 13 12:41:56 EST 2002

Balaji:

  Depends upon your definition of "distance between".  For center of
mass distance, this should be simple to calculate.  For closest approach
(for an extended molecule with a specific surface), this might require a
bit more effort.

  There are some excellent tools to help you compute/visualize this.
Specifically look at VMD (http://www.ks.uiuc.edu).  There are other
tools you can look at on http://sal.kachinatech.com which might be
relevant.

Joe