[BiO BB] Re: BiO_Bulletin_Board digest, Vol 1 #496 - 4 msgs

Dan Bolser dmb at mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 19 05:29:35 EDT 2003

Yup, but in all honesty I have found that they
either are not interested, not capable or too
buisy to answer my questions.

Compared to pdb-l the speed/quality of response
is bad.

Dumb questions to pdb-l get answered by the hordes
of willing subscribers, and advanced questions get
the attention of the experts lurking on the mailing
list. I have rarely had a question go unanswered,
and the quality of the answer is usually very high.

Goes to show the power of open source over corperate
solutions if you ask me. If the mailing list worked
well (i.e. became popular) the team at the ncbi
would be out of a job.

I would like to point out how grateful I am for the
help they have provided me, however, it just dosn't
compare to help from 'people in the same boat'.

Dan.