[BiO BB] RE: BiO_Bulletin_Board digest, Vol 1 #584 - 4 msgs

Venkata Satagopam venkata.satagopam at lionbioscience.com
Mon Dec 15 05:19:34 EST 2003

Hello Jordan,
Yes, it is possible, but first you have to create a Fasta file
out of these Genbank files gbpln[1-9].seq. So that means you
have to extract all the sequences from above files and store
them in a FASTA format. Once you have fasta file, then you have
to create blastble by using formatdb by using following command

formatdb -i <fastafile_name> -p F

then you are able to blast against this fastafile. I hope this
will help you, if you need more info please contact me either
in the group or @ satagopam_p at yahoo.com

regards
venkata