[BiO BB] Structural genomics and PDB growth?

Iddo Friedberg idoerg at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 15:10:33 EDT 2004

Hi Dan,

For your first question:

We published something in PSB'04

http://helix-web.stanford.edu/psb04/bourne.pdf

I don't know about definitive, but it is fairly exhaustive, based on
data which was up-to-date for summer 2003.

PDB will keep growing as long as crystallographers/NMR people have
jobs and have families to feed. Future growth rate, as always, is
estimated by extrapolation. However, come the technological
breakthrough whcih will enable faster solutions for membrane
proteins, the growth rate will probably increase :)

Cheers,

Iddo

=====
--