[BiO BB] Patterns

Iddo Friedberg idoerg at burnham.org
Fri Jun 17 13:31:54 EDT 2005

Sound like you might need a textbook first.

http://bioinformatics.org/faq/#books

The Chapter 10 in David Mount's book is a good start.

There are several motif databases, but using them depends on what you
call a "motif", and what is your actual goal is. Anything within the
range of PRINTS, BLOCKS, Pfam, PROSITE, 3D-motif and I-SITES can be
applied to your question, at some level. You might also want to look at
this page:

http://us.expasy.org/tools/#pattern

HTH,

Iddo

Nur'Aini Abdul Rashid wrote:

> Thank  you... how do I go about searching the aticles... any tips...
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Felipe Albrecht"
> <felipe.albrecht at gmail.com>

Iddo Friedberg, Ph.D.
The Burnham Institute