[BiO BB] PSI-BLAST query filter

Iddo Friedberg idoerg at burnham.org
Thu Mar 10 01:12:03 EST 2005

OK, I still do not understand why blastpgp insists on filtering your
sequence... which version are you using?

Not that:

1) Using blastpgp You won't get a multiple alignment. You will get a
multiple pairwise alignment to the query sequence. Using ClustalW you will
get a true multiple alignment.

2) There is still an inherent problem when aligning low complexity
sequences.

3) If those two factors do not matter, then why not use blastall to build
your alignment? Why do oyu need the iterations blastpgp offers?

Curious,

./I