[BiO BB] regarding training

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Wed Mar 22 16:38:31 EST 2006

Hi Karishma,

Volunteering to help an open-source project can be a good way to gain some
experience.  We have a couple hundred projects hosted here, most of which would
appreciate help:

   http://bioinformatics.org/search/fullprojectlist.php

I suggest identifying a project that (1) is active, (2) is addressing a
biological problem that you're interested in, (3) is using a
programming/scripting language or other tool that you're familiar with, and (4)
will give you the opportunity to produce something meaningful in a short period
of time (most likely a small, discrete project).  You can then use the Web form
to contact the project admin.

SourceForge.net also has a list of FOSS bioinformatics projects.

Cheers,
Jeff

--
J.W. Bizzaro
Bioinformatics Organization, Inc. (Bioinformatics.Org)
E-mail: jeff at bioinformatics.org
Phone:  +1 508 890 8600