[BiO BB] Translate Ensembl Transcript ID to NCBI GB or gi IDs?

Maximilian Haeussler maximilianh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 11:18:43 EST 2006

I don't know much about ensembl and their tables. but ucsc is linking
its known genes to both ensembl and ncbi refseqs.
This is part of the output of the table browser:
----
Database: hg17    Primary Table: knownGene    Row Count: 39,368
TrEMBL, and TrEMBL-NEW and their corresponding mRNAs from GenBank
-----
hg17.knownToEnsembl.name (via knownGene.name)
hg17.knownToLocusLink.name (via knownGene.name)
hg17.knownToPfam.name (via knownGene.name)
hg17.knownToRefSeq.name (via knownGene.name)
-----

I guess you can connect to their mysql server and generate a table to
translate your ids...

Hope that helped,
Max