[BiO BB] Can you explain theses results?

Benoit VARVENNE varvenne at genoway.com
Thu Apr 26 11:28:40 EDT 2007

Hi Daniel,

Have you thought about the limit of hits while running a Blast ?
I mean that the default limit is (I think) 500hits for a query so, if you
reach this limit, the Blast is stopped and the results returned.

I think this can explain that there is less time of execution when you reach
these 500hits.
While running a remote Blast, I think this limit can be changed but I don't
remember what's the option.

Hope this will help,
Cheers

Benoît