[BiO BB] how to identify the function and structure of a novel sequence

Li Xue lixue at iastate.edu
Fri Feb 2 17:04:45 EST 2007

hello all,

I have a novel sequence(the protein sequence, DNA sequence, the
coding sequence, and the cDNA sequence).

I tried BLASTn, BLASTx, and PSI-BLAST with default parameters and
modified parameters which loosed the restriction to try to find
distantly related matches. What I got are only unknown sequences and
hypothetical sequences.

I also tried EBI Interpro with default parameters. No hits.

Can someone offer some ways to identify the function and the
structure of  a new sequence? Thank you.

Li