[BiO BB] Extraction of 5' & 3' UTR sequences

T Joshi tejalonline at gmail.com
Sat May 5 04:27:55 EDT 2007

Hi !
I am searching for efficient ways to extract 5' & 3' UTR sequences from the
DNA sequence database. I have tried to use BioMart's package, which gives
the sequence in FASTA format. Actually, I want to store these sequences
automatically (through some software tool) into MySQL database. BioMart's
martview allows to query one chromosome sequence, and either 5' UTR or 3'
UTR at a time. The tool MartJ  doesn't support retrival of sequences from
the database.

Can you suggest me such tools through which I can automatically create
database scheme and import the UTR sequence dataset into the database?

Thanks & Regards,
T Joshi