[BiO BB] Bourne award... strange statement

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 03:46:18 EDT 2009

One of the statements about the award in a recent email reads:

"As co-director of the PDB, Bourne has transformed an under-utilized
database into a major international resource."

I find that hard to believe. Does anyone have information about this
statement? I think the PDB has always been a major international
resource from the day it was created. I'd like to find out more, but
as far as I know this statement is totally erroneous (or at least
misleading). In particular, what happened at the PDB to turn it from
'under-utilized' into 'major international resource'?

Cheers,
Dan.