[BiO BB] GC content

Seema Trivedi svtrived at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 09:21:39 EST 2010

Hi

If you are looking for CG content of the genomes, you can try NCBI complete genome page. The complete genome page browsing will take you to the genome project pages (at times or else the statistics of the genome). This is where you can get the total no. of genes, total no. of protein coding genes, RNA coding genes etc. besides the CG content of the genome. Moreover, there are no. of software that can help you calculate CG content of a sequence. I can try relocating the names of those in case NCBI is not of help (which I am sure will provide information that you need). Else you can write a small perl script to do it for you.

S Trivedi