[BiO BB] proteins related to a particular disease/condition

John G. Hoey, Ph.D. drjohn08318 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 14 15:28:33 EDT 2010

Unless I'm mistaken, Pankaj had asked for sources on up and down-regulated proteins, not genes.  I frequently make use of the information in the Geo datasets to target genes encoding proteins whose expression might be changed under a set of experimental conditions.  However, it is important to keep in mind there is often no correlation between changes in gene expression (as presented in such microarray datasets) and protein levels.  As long as these caveats are kept in mind, such datasets represent a good jumping off point for identifying proteins of potential relevance to your particular experiment.
John

John G. Hoey, Ph.D.

Sent from my iPhone