[BioBrew Users] Help with sge, scheduling dual cpu nodes?

Humberto Ortiz-Zuazaga humberto at hpcf.upr.edu
Thu Dec 11 08:30:46 EST 2003

I'm testing biobrew v0.9 on a 5 node cluster, each with dual 2.4 GHz Xeons.
I've never used sge or rocks before, so I'm a little confused.

I want to run a 2 cpu mpi job, but sge schedules 2 nodes with one mpi thread
each instead of both processors on a single node.

I'm running everything with the defaults chosen by biobrew.

Here's my qsub script, in PBS, I can specify

#PBS -l nodes=1:ppn=2

to get both processors on a single node, what's the equivalent sge magic?

#!/bin/sh
#$ -pe mpi 2

/opt/mpich/ethernet/gcc/bin/mpirun -np $NSLOTS -machinefile $TMPDIR/machines
/opt/hpl-eth/bin/gcc/xhpl