[BioBrew Users] BioBrew ISOs during server migration

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Fri Sep 2 20:43:17 EDT 2005

Hi Robert!

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

We've decided to keep one server running at the university as an FTP mirror:

   ftp://ftp2.bioinformatics.org/pub/biobrew/

This will mirror

   ftp://ftp.bioinformatics.org/pub/biobrew/

But we'd prefer people use the former (ftp2), since it will be faster (for
now).

Since these are genuine FTP deamons, you can use fmirror (and I suppose rsync,
if you can get it to work through the FTP protocol).  Please do continue to
mirror BioBrew for us, but again, please use the ftp2 subdomain.

It's also been suggested that we use BitTorrent.  This is something we're
willing to consider.  I'm just wondering if the RIAA and MPAA will successfully
kill it one of these days.

Cheers,
Jeff

--
J.W. Bizzaro
Bioinformatics Organization, Inc. (Bioinformatics.Org)
E-mail: jeff at bioinformatics.org
Phone:  +1 508 890 8600