[BioBrew Users] BioBrew roll 4.1installation problem

John J. Rux, Ph.D. rux at wistar.upenn.edu
Wed Jan 11 16:34:40 EST 2006

Glen,
Thanks! That did it. I completed the install using the DVD distribution
that included the necessary OS rolls and it worked fine. Now I just have to
configure my X server, etc.

Best regards,
John

At 12:46 PM 1/11/2006 -0800, you wrote:
John-

This might be a clue to your problems.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Greg Bruno <greg.bruno at gmail.com>
Date: January 11, 2006 11:54:10 AM PST
To: "Ramsey, Jason R" <JasonRamsey at txstate.edu>
Cc: npaci-rocks-discussion at sdsc.edu
Subject: Re: [Rocks-Discuss]Unsupported hardware?

On 1/11/06, Ramsey, Jason R <JasonRamsey at txstate.edu> wrote:

I am specifying the following rolls during install: base, ganglia, hpc,
kernel, and web-server. The system has two nics, both 3c905b's, one pci
and one integrated, a 933Mhz 80526 processor, and 40gb hd.

you need two OS rolls too:

http://www.rocksclusters.org/ftp-site/pub/rocks/rocks-4.1/os-4.1-0.i386.disk1.iso
http://www.rocksclusters.org/ftp-site/pub/rocks/rocks-4.1/os-4.1-0.i386.disk2.iso

- gb