[Bioclusters] Re: Help on BLAST

Wim Glassee bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:34:04 +0200

Hi,

I had a fast look at the sources for seqsplit and blastunsplit, and
there doesn't seem to be any statistics recalculation of any kind in
there. If you blast smaller pieces of a query sequence against a db, the
statistics will not be the same as for the original blast, so when
merging the output files, you won't end up with the same results. In a
lot of cases even the number of hits and/or hsps will NOT be the same.

Wim