[Bioclusters] Oscar Linux cluster and Local Blast Server

Lance Davidow bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:40:12 -0400

At Massachusetts General Hospital, we are looking to set up a local
blast server, preferably with the NCBI algorithm, on a computing
cluster. We have installed the OSCAR clustering package
http://sourceforge.net/projects/oscar/
on a small
test cluster of computers running Red Hat Linux 7.2 on Intel. Does
anyone know of an
open source blast-for-cluster package that would run under this
cluster management suite or is there a
commercial package you are already running that you think is
worthwhile??? We are also considering Apple's Xserve with the G4
accelerated blast to compare against the above system.
--
Lance Davidow, PhD
Director of Bioinformatics