[Bioclusters] LSF 4.2 w/ Redhat 7.2 (2.4.X kernel with glibc2.2) install problem

Kristian Vlahovicek bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Wed, 1 May 2002 10:04:33 +0200 (CEST)

Hey Chris,

We are currently in a process of evaluating LSF on our 16x1.3GHz Athlons
running RH 7.2 and glibc 2.2. We have been running SGE for some time now
and it was quite sufficient for what we needed, but we got the possibility
to buy LSF at a very reasonable price so we decided to give it a try :)

WRT the installation, it went smoothly, no problems with glibc. However,
we did not manage to get the daemons to bind to a correct interface on
master. We migt be missing something (anyone with more experience with LSF
administration is welcome to suggest the solution), or could this be the
glibc incompatibility? OTOH, workers seem to be working quite fine...

basically, our master has 2 interfaces, eth0 (external net - public IP)
and eth1 (cluster net - private IP), each named differently. when doing
hostsetup after install, it queries the hostname on the master and gets
the public one and a) either it complains about host not being listed in
the servers list (in case we put the private iface name) or b) sets
everything up without complaints, but then master sees only itself and the
rest of the cluster see each other but not the master. (lshosts and
bhosts). Any ideas? As I said, we just started the eval, so there might be
a trivial solution to this burried somewhere in the documentation, but the
out-of-the-box thing does not work. Tried to see if there were any
switches to the lim daemon to direct it to the proper interface, but it
seems not...

Kristian

--
Dr. sc. Kristian Vlahovicek
Protein structure & bioinformatics      Phone:  +39 0403757354